A Unique Send Off

Student preparing for examsImage via Wikipedia
Preparing 4 d xams
The day of the examinations is a great day for all of us as and when we had to face the Board Exams. This has been the traditional feelings. It was the same when I had to appear for my senior secondary exams and so it is today. I still remember that day. On that morn (it was sometime in the beginning of month of March. My mother had , as usual got up for the morning namaz (prayer) and here I was getting ready for that exam. (what subject it was, I exactly don't remember.) I got the admit card and other paraphernalia ready. Then just before departing for the venue (at the local branch of the Kendriya Vidhyalya), my mom called me and cupped my face in her hands and said a silent prayer and wished me goodbye. I still remember THAT ! My memory was jogged when I was witness to a similar goodbye to the boarders here at DPS.
Waiting 4 d send-off
A traditional blessing for the boarders in our school ! A good breakfast was arranged for that day and the XII class (hostelers) assembled in the Plaza, the venue of our ceremonies. The Man himself was present, however the tilak ceremony was consummated by his Wife. IT was a wonderful sight indeed ! ! A feeling of a home see-off away from home. The Principal and the Head Master too were there. Then, began the actual ceremony and one by one they were blessed and came to all of us to get blessed. The girls came first, followed by the boys. The hope and their morning shining faces added to the whole scene. The confidence that we, their elders were with them made them more relaxed and take the impending in their stride. One by one all foreheads were smeared with the traditional vermilion mark and all proceeded to the waiting canary coloured buses that would take the whole lot to the venue of the exams. It was a very heart-warming sight. The presence of the Boss added a certain urgency and piety to the whole experience. I have never ever seen such a send off in any school so far.. this is so as I have worked only in Christian Missionary run schools. This was Delhi Public School's way of the traditional send off to its students.After, the traditional boondi-ka-ladu in their hands and a bit in their
mouths, with their back-packs slung across their backs, the kids headed towards the parked school buses. They appeared to be young soldiers armed with the tools of their war boarding their travel machine.
Anyway, there they were, seated and talking excitedly with a bit of nervous laughter and happiness thrown in. Up jumped in the accompanying teachers, the drivers revved up their engines which growled as if reluctant to move and they were finally off. In the meantime the teachers, their surrogate parents stood watching them and then suddenly in a cloud of dust they were gone. Finally.
But before ending this little description, a state of the art encouragement from one the kids giving the examination was a sight to see. The idea itself was unique and a type of self-motivational. The chap could have made something else, but chose what he chose, which I post here for your own judgement. Hell ! I am getting old and forgetting names. For what is in a name ? Anyhow, the name of this artist I shall find out and inform u accordingly. Here I am reminded of a few words by Abraham Lincoln which go thus:
It is said an Eastern monarch once charged his wise men to invent him a sentence to be ever in view, and which should be true and appropriate in all times and situations. They presented him the words: "And this, too, shall pass away."" ~ Abraham Lincoln
So long and all of you out there, TAKE CARE. . . . 

4 comments:

  1. yes sir u r vry rite dis feelin wil go wid evr batch until boardz end up. . .and woh h na humare so called siksha mantri. . .d educatn ministr. . .un k karan toh board 12th se b khatam he ho jayega. . .humare lie kuch aacha ni hua. . .jb 10 me the tb b board die n ab 12 me b dene pad re h. . .bt jo b kaho maza pura aata h xam dene me. . .

    all d vry bst to al d 12thies associated wid sir's blog. . .dnt tk tensn tumhare hath me keval papr krna h waki toh us teachr k hath me h jisne copy chck krni h. . .njoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!
    I remembered when i was in nine class i little bit nervous because of Board exam but i got brilliant marks which was not expecting..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traditional study should be changed as study's motive should only be providing a professional degree to the students so that be helpful to them throughout life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my Good luck that I found your post which is according to my search and topic, I think you are a great blogger, thanks for helping me out from my problem..
    Volvo S40 Turbocharger

    ReplyDelete

Ur honest comments will be very valuable....ur criticism will be taken with a pinch of salt and ur appreciation will be 'sar ankho par'. So. let your fingers type ur thoughts out......